Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Shout Out

I gotta just say it... Roy Orbison ROCKS. Everytime one of his songs strikes my ears, I just get excited about music, and that is really something worthy of a shout out.

Orbison was a stud, (I mean, just look at his kick a$$ photo above...) an amazing artist who performed solo, as well as with other great artists. I mean, he was a member of the Traveling Wilburys for crying out loud! Hello? Rockstar!

And this guy had so much tragedy in his life, I didn't even know about all of it. Not only was his talent taken from the world when he died at the young age of 52, but he survived so much. His wife died in a motorcycle accident, then two of his three sons died in a fire as his house burned to the ground while he was out of the country. Later, his brother died in a motor vehicle accident when on his way to visit Roy for Thanksgiving. How much can one person take?

Throughout all the tragedy, Roy continued to be a rockstar - and in my book he still is. If you aren't familiar with his work, check him out. Download some iTunes, and prepare to sing along once you learn the words.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for introducing me to cool peeps like Roy when I was just knee high to a grasshopper...

-- ALB

No comments:

Post a Comment