Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tarragon's 2nd Annual Seafair Boat Cruise... a 3 hour tour!

For the second year in a row Amy's company, Tarragon, hosted a boat cruise during Seafair. Our whole company gets the bulk of the day off on a Thursday to go on a boat to watch the Blue Angels practice. It's so fun! We have lunch, we get sunburned, we have drinks and good times! This year it was one of the hottest days ever, and Amy had already had a little too much sun earlier in the week... so she was keeping out of the sun, but just as hot, in the 'inside' of the boat... that's how she escaped without a sunburn... Really hoping it will be in the budget to do this again next year - it rocks!

It's a bird, it's a plane... no it's both! Funny thing about the show is that while you are watching the planes are going all over the place around you, so it's tough to keep up with them sometimes. Then, you loose sight of them and they are behind a hill or flying over some distant city on their way back to you and you think you spot one so you yell out, "Here it comes!" and it turns out it's just a seagull... In this pic... front and center - the Keller Collection!

That's me next to DMart. Thomas decided I couldn't take ALL the pictures. Thanks Thomas!
Here they are! The Blue Angels! Diamond formation with two planes upsidedown! YAY!
Here are the two solo pilots doing, what I like to call, the butt drag... Kinda like when Lucy rides the poo poo train, huh Steph?
And this more rare sight - the Delta Formation!! All six planes together. Only happens for a small part of the show. YAY again!

Now this plane, I'm sorry I don't know the name, I like to refer to it as "he" because I'm convinced it's a boy plane... he flys at the beginning and the end of the real shows... so when the blue angels are done you know fo sho because this guy comes out. So as I'm watching him, taking some pics, my co-worker, Merrill, says, "OH Look! The Maxi Angel!" So of course I respond, "Yeah! A Maxi with WINGS!" And all the women near me laughed... silly ladies...
Oh HI! That's our good friend Sommer with the big cheese, Mr. Blattner.

No comments:

Post a Comment