Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Sandwich Artist

(Attention Blog Readers - this post is straight from Amy... which explains all the "I"'s below...)

I want to give a shout out to The Sandwich Artist that made my Subway sandwich today.

I've gotta be honest, I'm typically 100% dissapointed in Subway's sandwich artists, cuz they kinda suck most of the time. They don't hear you right, put the wrong thing on, get the wrong bread, give you stale bread, put on too much of this and not enough of that, but every once in a while, they LISTEN to you and create the sandwich EXACTLY as you asked. And today, that actually happened.

I frequent the Subway near my office maybe 1 or 2 times per week. I get a healthy and filling sandwich for $5.50 including tax. I turn it into a lunch and a pre-yoga / get-me-thru-to-9pm-for-a-late-night-light-dinner meal. So that's $2.25 per sandwich/meal - and that's hard to beat. Good freezer meals cost more than that. Plus walking to Subway gets me out of the office, yay! Even when I have to face sideways rain to get there, a girl has got to take a break, ok?

Look, I've had the argument... many times... what's better, Subway, Quiznos, Jimmy Johns, Georgio's Subs...? Listen, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you go to Quiznos, order a sandwich, eat most of the sandwich, save some for later, look up the calorie content of what you just ate and are about to finish, pass out from shock, wake up, then vow never to eat at Quiznos again... sometimes you feel like you can get over that trama and give them an other chance (not yet tho, G.D. Aholes made me a 1,700+ calorie sandwich... can you believe that!? That's more calories than I am supposed to eat in an entire day!). Sometimes I feel like a Jimmy Johns, sometimes I feel like having Subway. Deal with it people.

Today, I felt like Subway... and thanks to you, un-named Sandwich Artist with the purpleish hair and beautiful accent and face to match (her face was beautiful, not accent-y), I had a wonderful expereience! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment