Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rant or Rave...?

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the rant...


Every time I (Amy) see a GD “Baby on Board” sign, I loose it a little. I crumble on the inside. I start to spit when I talk. I go a bit, as they say, bat-crazy.


I’ve been forced to wonder, what is the purpose of this GD sign? Is it to warn other drivers that they should drive more safely around you because you have a baby on board? Is it to explain to passersby that you may actually be a good driver in real life, but that you are driving like a moron today because you have a baby on board? And do you really have a baby on board, or are you just trying to get attention? I mean, maybe you are using the sign to get you through the carpool lane, who am I to judge? I’ll tell you who I am ... i’m the freakin’ judge!!! WTF is wrong with you people and your idiotic signs!?! I’m freakin’ out!


And now, the rave.


Thank you, Wikipedia, for saving my sanity and the safety of the “Baby on Board” sign owners I may have purposely injured in the future as I continued to loose my mind and faculties. As I could no longer take the mystery of the sign, I did a google search, and blessed be wikipedia for showing me the light. Not only have I renewed my appreciation of Wikipedia, but with that search I have also become a fan of “Baby on Board” signs - Halle-freakin-lujah! Can I get an amen?


The following excerpt has been taken directly from Wikipedia for your reading pleasure and lingering curiosity:


Baby on Board is the message of a small (usually 5 inch) sign intended to be placed in the back window of an automobile to alert the emergency services to the presence of an infant in the event of a crash. Small children are known to sometimes become trapped in footwells or even thrown from the vehicle in the event of crashes. Given this purpose, drivers should remove the sign if driving without a child on board.”


So to all of you “Baby on Board” sign owners out there:
  1. My deepest apologies to you and for judging you and your stupid sign. Clearly these signs, like Transformers, are more than meets the eye.
  2. WARNING: If you don’t have a baby on board, take your sign down for the drive. Just keep it on your side window for easy removal. Let’s respect the wisdom that the Wikipedia Gods have bestowed onto us and not cause the emergency crews to search unnecessarily for a phantom infant while they should be administering care to those of us who may actually BE in our cars in the event of a crash. Always remember that a powerful tool such as the “Baby on Board” sign comes great responsibility.
  3. IMPORTANT: To those who have driven with their “Baby on Board” sign posted while not having a baby on board please, and with great malice, reverse point one above. Follow that up with a firm smack to your own mouth. That was from me. Don’t let it happen again.

1 comment:

  1. Amy... all I have to say is... "HELL TO THE YEAH." Watch out "Baby on board" drivers, I'm one crazy asian driver that will try to get you if you have that sign on your back and you don't have the infant/child to proof it.

    ReplyDelete