Saturday, July 10, 2010

Shout Out

Just wanted to give a shout out to that bird I saw today in Marysville at the Seattle Premium Outlets. Mad Props to you, Bird, for keeping it real.


As I ate my sandwich this afternoon, I felt the warm sun on my back and a fresh breeze coming along... ah, what a wonderful day to spend with a good friend... There I was just living life when I thought I felt something on my arm. I knew not to freak out because that tickle was probably just one of my quadridillion hairs that fell out of my dome and onto my arm. So I gave it a quick look.


Nope.


That feeling was definitely a spider. And do you know who has two thumbs and hates the living bejesus out of spiders? That’s right, THIS girl.


Ok, so I hate spiders, but I never kill them, at least not on purpose. So I spent the next while trying to get the spider off of me so I could eat my sandwich and he/she/it/Pat could go on living.


Attempt #1 - blow the spider off my arm. Strike 1. Attempt #2 - use my free hand to try to pull the little spider by it’s thread off my arm in time for the spider to be gently placed elsewhere. Strike 2. This spider is pitching like Cliff Lee, and I’m striking out at every turn. I just want to advance to first base, which in this metaphor is just getting the damned spider the eff off of my body. Attempt #3 - put the sandwich down and use all means necessary to get the spider to vacate.


Home Run.


The spider flew through the air, sailed over the entire length of the bench I was sitting on and approached the ground. As the spider descended, this beautiful little bird hopped over out of nowhere, and like freaking magic the spider sailed at the just the right height for the bird to open its beak and let that spider just flow on in. It was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen.


Crazy Mad Props to you, Bird, for keeping it real. Hope to see you again next time.

1 comment:

  1. amy
    that post was awesome. seriously, laughed out loud. at work. co-workers stared. did i care? not a bit. you are a great writer-mad props to YOU!

    ReplyDelete