Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shout Out

It’s that time again; time for a shout out. This time I want to give a shout out to the Black Eyed Peas. Thank you, Black Eyed Peas, for bringing laughter to the end of a frustrating experience.

You see, I had been working for hours with Verizon to get my Mom’s new prepaid cell phone set up with her old number (which we ported over from Virgin Mobile/The Devil). After hitting a number of bumps in the road along the way we ultimately had a phone with no battery life, no ability to receive calls, and no way to charge… oh and of course no working voicemail and a couple of prepaid minutes in the hole for nothing.

To make a long story short, by the time I was pulling out of the driveway, I was ready for a drink. It was about 12.30am and I still had kitties at home waiting for dinner (don't worry, they had eaten twice already that day, and when I finally got home they had clearly been sleeping thru dinner time anyway, lazy bums). I was calm, although most who know me would assume otherwise. As I was pulling away, I thought some music was in order – to keep me awake, to distract me, to whatever... just something…

And then it happened. As I switched from my all-too-mellow Eric Clapton/Pilgrim CD to the radio, the very first song I heard got my attention. It was partway thru already, the timing was spot on, and the very first lyric I heard made me laugh out loud...

I got a feelin… (woooo hoooo)
That tonight’s gonna be a good night
That tonight’s gonna be a good good night

Oh Black Eyed Peas! You really got me! Man! I was laughing so hard, “YES! You are right, tonight IS gonna be a good good night!!”

A sparkling end to a long but rewarding day.

Mad props, Black Eyed Peas. Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment